(UAAP) University Athletic Association of the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: (UAAP) University Athletic Association of the Philippines

Post by FloydSteven on Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:41 am

I meant 'legal' aces hehehehe. Actually this rivalry between the two schools is a good advantage for them in recruiting players from the juniors. Every kid wants to play siyempre where almost everybody is watching...for them 'to be seen'. That is why i predict more ADMU-DLSU final duels in the coming years.

FloydSteven
Starter
Starter

Male
Number of posts : 775
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by soulguru on Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:15 pm

yup- nice point bro... maximizing homegrown talents had proven good for ADMU for quite a long while; maybe they want winning so bad... or their bench aint deep meantime...
el consultant wrote:
FloydSteven wrote:I think Ateneo would be getting NCAA stalwart Arvy Bringas from the San Sebastian Juniors team for next year. Talk about adding more aces to their already powerful team.

Aces? What if DLSU digs up the goods on these overaged players? Patay ateneo like dlsu the other year. They should keep the same way they developed players - homegrown but good. Sad to say, Ateneo is now relying on importing talent for the sake of the "winning is the only thing" mentality. pathetic.

soulguru
Starter
Starter

Male
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Money! on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:58 am

Buenafe? 23? what a bunch of lies, He's only 18 and he looks the part not like other players... a win is a win.. don't go sour graping coz a team won the championship. Good Talent with a good Training program is key to winning. Other schools should just drop the talk and start training harder. As of now even though they're champs the ADMU team is hard at training to compete in the University Games in Dumaguete.. Talk about dedication to the sport.

Big_Money!
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-06-09

http://redlight-ph.forums1.net

Back to top Go down

Post by thonetteski on Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:44 pm

hehehe... nasalsal na naman ng mga ugok na sportswriters yun story...

thonetteski

Male
Number of posts : 1496
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by acousticevents on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:10 pm

ateneo simply deserved to be the champion.

acousticevents
Starter
Starter

Male
Number of posts : 1097
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by el consultant on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:07 am

Big_Money! wrote:Buenafe? 23? what a bunch of lies, He's only 18 and he looks the part not like other players... a win is a win.. don't go sour graping coz a team won the championship. Good Talent with a good Training program is key to winning. Other schools should just drop the talk and start training harder. As of now even though they're champs the ADMU team is hard at training to compete in the University Games in Dumaguete.. Talk about dedication to the sport.

Get real amigo, am not sour graping, my whole family goes to the ateneo - i just don't condone "winning is everything" policies. Buenafe is overage and it was San Sebastian that did the deed of altering documents.

What's disappointing is that Ateneo has resorted to the system that it righteously criticized in the past: Good School, Good Talent, plus players the best money can buy (not to mention their grades too).

Your just lying to yourself bud. Laughing

el consultant
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by el consultant on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:12 am

el consultant wrote:
Big_Money! wrote:Buenafe? 23? what a bunch of lies, He's only 18 and he looks the part not like other players... a win is a win.. don't go sour graping coz a team won the championship. Good Talent with a good Training program is key to winning. Other schools should just drop the talk and start training harder. As of now even though they're champs the ADMU team is hard at training to compete in the University Games in Dumaguete.. Talk about dedication to the sport.

Get real amigo, am not sour graping, my whole family goes to the ateneo - i just don't condone "winning is everything" policies. Buenafe is overage and it was San Sebastian that did the deed of altering documents.

What's disappointing is that Ateneo has resorted to the system that it righteously criticized in the past: Good School, Good Talent, plus players the best money can buy (not to mention their grades too).

Your just lying to yourself bud. Laughing

By the way, it was from inside the Ateneo Champion team that the information re Buenafe's age came out, and also from inside the Ateneo HS team that information that he spent 7 years in high school was released by the players themselves.

To reconfirm that, his participation in the Palarong Pambansa in Palawan was under protest due to being overage.

Let's not condone cheating and reward it with "Rookie of the Year" etc. etc. DLSU was suspended for that, PCU was expelled from the NCAA for it. If the goods on Buenafe come out, then Ateneo should be MAN enough to accept such rules. Of course if they don't get caught then I guess all's well that ends well, right? Yan naman Kultura ng Pinoy.

By the way, ANG TUNAY NA ATENISTA OR LA SALISTA ANG NAG GRADE SCHOOL AT HIGH SCHOOL SA MGA SCHOOL NA YAN - THEY WERE FORMED BY THOSE SCHOOLS. Anyone outside that definition ay hilaw lang.

So be it.

el consultant
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by el consultant on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:15 am

acousticevents wrote:ateneo simply deserved to be the champion.

el consultant
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by el consultant on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:16 am

acousticevents wrote:ateneo simply deserved to be the champion.

They can actually win back to back again, like '87 and '88. That's how solid that present team is even without Tiu and Escueta next year.

el consultant
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by FloydSteven on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:20 am

Right now I think Ateneo is preparing for the Champions League for the right to be crowned National champs.

FloydSteven
Starter
Starter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by el consultant on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:54 am

FloydSteven wrote:Right now I think Ateneo is preparing for the Champions League for the right to be crowned National champs.

They are the defending champions

el consultant
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by jackbrng on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:30 pm

23 na si buenafe? mukhang mabigat na accusation to ah. key player din ito. may protest na ba sa UAAP ukol dito?

jackbrng
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by el consultant on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:18 pm

el consultant wrote:
FloydSteven wrote:Right now I think Ateneo is preparing for the Champions League for the right to be crowned National champs.

They are the defending champions

Ateneo also just won the University Games or UniGames in Dumaguete last week. It is a banner year for their basketball team - they played without Tiu, Baldos, Baclao, Escueta and Jai Reyes. Moved in to fill their shoes were Team B players Fran, Monfort, Alec Rivera. Ateneo won by an average margin of 28 points I think. DLSU begged off from playing in the UniGames.

el consultant
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by el consultant on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:32 pm

FloydSteven wrote:I think Ateneo would be getting NCAA stalwart Arvy Bringas from the San Sebastian Juniors team for next year. Talk about adding more aces to their already powerful team.

who is the girl in your avvy? Twisted Evil

el consultant
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by FloydSteven on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:40 pm

I think there is still another competition they will join. They will represent the UAAP in this November's National Collegiate Championships. I think the champion and runner up of every collegiate league in the country will be included so lasalle will be joining them. I think it will be single elimination...you lose once and your out....winner vs winner until one remains...parang yung sa NCAA ng US.

FloydSteven
Starter
Starter

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by el consultant on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:54 am

FloydSteven wrote:I think there is still another competition they will join. They will represent the UAAP in this November's National Collegiate Championships. I think the champion and runner up of every collegiate league in the country will be included so lasalle will be joining them. I think it will be single elimination...you lose once and your out....winner vs winner until one remains...parang yung sa NCAA ng US.

Yup, 2 more tournaments for Ateneo - the Phil Champions League as you mentioned and Ateneo will represent the country in the Asian Universiade in December, just can't remember where though Very Happy

el consultant
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by rodman on Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:25 am

talo ba feu sa ue?

rodman
Starter
Starter